myspace tracker Latest News – Page 38 – My Blog

Latest News

Category Added in a WPeMatico Campaign

ISIS axe rampage at Christian festival as stabber screaming ‘Islamic State lives on’ attacks crowd leaving three injured

A HORRIFYING axe attack at a Christian New Year parade in northern Iraq has left three people injured after a man shouting Islamic slogans launched a violent rampage through the crowd.

Thousands had gathered in Dohuk on Tuesday to celebrate Akitu, the Assyrian New Year, waving flags and donning colourful traditional dress. 

Large group of Assyrians, Chaldeans, and Syriacs celebrating Akitu festival in Duhok, Iraq.
Getty
Assyrians, Chaldeans, and Syriacs in Iraq celebrating the new year by participating in the traditional Akitu Festival in the city of Duhok[/caption]

But the joyful celebration quickly descended into chaos when a lone attacker stormed the parade, singing an axe and shouting “Islamic State, the Islamic State remains.”

Three people were wounded in the frenzied assault including a 17-year-old boy and a 75-year-old woman—both suffering skull fractures.

A member of the local security forces, who had been operating a surveillance drone, was also injured.

More to follow… For the latest news on this story keep checking back at The Sun Online

Thesun.co.uk is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesun and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSun.

Read More »

Subway brings back discontinued fan favourite to all its restaurants TODAY after customers sobbed ‘it’s that or nothing’

SUBWAY is bringing back a discontinued fan favourite item to all its stores today after customers sobbed “it’s that or nothing”.

The fast food giant has delighted fans by bringing back the hit item fans love to add to their delicious subs, toasties and salads.

Customer waiting to order at Subway.
Getty
Subway is bringing back a discontinued fan favourite item to all its stores today[/caption]
Subway employee making a sandwich.
Alamy
The hit Honey Mustard sauce is making a return[/caption]

Subway is bringing back the hit Honey Mustard Sauce to all its stores for customers to enjoy.

Diehard fans across the nation have been begging for the return of the popular sauce since it was discontinued in 2023 

With the sweetness of honey mied with the powerful zest of mustard, the sauce creates the perfect tangy addition to any Sub, Wrap, or Salad.

As one of Subway’s most beloved sauces, its discontinuation in 2023 caused quite a stir among diehard fans.

Many fans took to social media to express their love for Honey Mustard and disappointment over the axing of their favourite sauce.

One customer even said: “Honey mustard or nothing!”

Honey Mustard Sauce has been available in Subway restaurants nationwide since April 2, 2025, as well as online for delivery or click and collect via Subway.

Subway is also selling a footlong slice of hot cross bun toasties.

It costs £1.79 and is available to buy at all Subway stores across the UK.

The famous sandwich maker will also treat customers to a Cheesy Bacon Hot Cross Bun Toasties.

It is made with the new hot cross bun bread and features streaky bacon and American-style cheese and is topped with BBQ sauce.  

The delight will also land in stores on March 19 and cost £3.99 for a six-inch sub or £5.99 if you opt for the larger footlong option.

Meanwhile, Subway revealed four new menu items, including the first ever toastie “perfect for those on the go”.

The new menu features two new Signature Series Subs and the return of Jalapeno Cheese Bread.

And, for the first time ever, a Ham & Cheese Toastie joins the Saver Subs menu lineup, filled with ham, melted American-style cheese and Subway’s much-loved Chipotle Southwest Sauce.

A spokesman said: “This great value take on the traditional staple is perfect for those on the go.”

The beloved sandwich chain has also revealed how fans can get 30% off in just seconds.

Subway also introduced bold new additions as part of its limited-time Mexicana range — and it’s slashing prices to boot.

Highlights include the Mexicana beef crunch sub, stacked with Doritos, cheese, jalapeños, and chipotle sauce, plus the show-stealing footlong nachos — tortilla chips topped with cheese, salsa, and optional guacamole.

Prices start at just £2.99 on the new Saver Subs menu, making it easier to dig into Subway’s spiciest offering yet.

The Mexicana menu is Subway’s first big launch of 2025 and marks the start of its 60th birthday celebrations.

You can also order online or via the Subway app for delivery or click-and-collect.

The Subway app is free to download on the Apple app Store or Google Play store.

Subway Rewards was recently relaunched and allows customers to earn points on every purchase.

These can then be converted into Subway Cash to be used on any menu item, with no minimum spend.

Under the new loyalty scheme, which was launched on May 16, customers earn 10 points per £1 on spending of up to £149.99 in a calendar year, 11 points per £1 spent between £150 and £349.99, and 12 points per £1 spent above that.

Each 150 points will get customers £1 off in-store orders, and while there is no minimum spend, customers need to redeem at least £1 at a time.

Read More »

Watch as Hamas gunman is EXECUTED by family of man he shot dead – as terrorists lose grip on Gaza & Israel marches in

THIS is the shocking moment a Hamas gunman is executed by the family of a man he shot dead.

The terror group are losing their blood-soaked grip on Gaza as protests against their rule have erupted.

A group of armed men escorting a man in a light blue shirt down a street.
X
A Hamas gunman was executed by the family of a Palestinian man he shot dead[/caption]
A group of men walking down a street, some carrying rifles.
X
The man was walked by the family to the middle of the street where he was shot[/caption]
Person filming a street scene with a camera.
X
One man can be seen holding a large rifle before the execution[/caption]

Israel is also launching a new military operation as it looks to widen its control in the strip and wipe out the terror group.

Shocking video shows the man in a sky blue t-shirt being led through the street before several members of his victim’s family opened fire, killing him instantly.

The Sun has cut the footage before the gruesome moment, but it is now being shared widely on Palestinian media as protests continue.

Members of the Abu Samra clan in the city of Deir al-Balah in Gaza were filmed killing the alleged Hamas member in the street.

They claimed to have identified him as a Hamas operative responsible for the deadly shooting of one of their relatives earlier in the day.

Footage of the execution of the killer was shared widely on Palestinian social media and appeared to highlight growing fury with Hamas among Gaza civilians.

The incident follows days of unprecedented protests on the streets of Gaza against the iron rule of Hamas – which triggered Israel’s brutal response by launching the October 7 attacks.

Abdulrahman Sha’aban Abu Samra was shot dead in cold blood while he waited in line for flour to feed his family in Deir al-Balah.

Gaza has dozens of powerful families like the Abu Samra family, who function as well-organized armed groups which do not have formal links to Hamas.

In-fighting has erupted after thousands of Gazans took to the streets in recent days calling for an end to Hamas rule and the bloodshed they sowed.

Hamas responded by kidnapping, torturing and executing a 22-year-old Palestinian man who took part in protests against the terror group, according to his family.

Oday Nasser Al Rabay’s body was left in front of his family’s home, and on Saturday, many dozens were filmed participating in his funeral procession, shouting, “Hamas out!”

His brother Hassan Rabie told CNN: “They took him, they kept torturing him… They then called me and said: come get your brother.”

He said when he went to collect his brother he found the fighters had him “tied by the neck with a rope, and were dragging him, beating him.”

Israeli tank leaving the Gaza Strip, with damaged buildings in the background.
Alamy
Israel is expanding its military operation in Gaza[/caption]
Destroyed buildings in northern Gaza.
AFP
Israel has hammered Gaza in a bombing campaign from the air[/caption]

When Hassan found Oday he was still alive, but he later died in hospital.

Israel has called on Palestinians to rise up against Hamas as it launched a final showdown with terror forces, including a major ground operation.

Hamas’s power base appeared to be crumbling as Israeli  troops launched a final “destroy and clear” showdown operation in Gaza.

Defence Minister Israel Katz announced forces were expanding attacks to seize “large areas” of the 25-mile coastal strip controlled by the Iran-backed Islamist fanatics since 2007.

Massive Israeli air strikes began along the Egypt border as ground forces massing nearby awaited a green light to smash Hamas lairs.

Gaza hospitals reported at least 15 Palestinians were killed overnight and ten more early Wednesday in an attack on a UN-run aid agency clinic.

Palestinians protesting the Israel-Hamas war in Gaza City.
EPA
Palestinians protest against the ongoing Israel-Hamas war[/caption]
Palestinians evacuate Beit Hanun, carrying belongings.
AFP
Palestinians leave Beit Hanun in the northern Gaza Strip with their belongings[/caption]

Katz said the expanded operation aimed to “destroy and clear the area of terrorists and terrorist infrastructure” and would require a mass evacuation of Palestinian civilians.

Israel’s military has already ordered 140,000 people in Rafah to leave their homes and issued new evacuation orders for parts of northern Gaza.

PM Benjamin Netanyahu renewed its offensive on March 18 after Hamas continued to block negotiations to free around 20 hostages taken in the October 7 attacks still alive in Gaza.

Netanyahu has insisted military pressure was the best way to get back the remaining hostages as he repeated calls for Hamas to disarm.

FILE- Palestinians chant slogans during a protest against the war and Hamas in Beit Lahiya, northern Gaza Strip, Wednesday, March 26, 2025, in a rare show of public anger against the militant group that rules the territory. (AP Photo/Jehad Alshrafi, File)
Palestinians chant slogans during a protest against the war and Hamas
Two Israeli Merkava main battle tanks moving near the Gaza Strip border.
AFP
Israeli army Merkava main battle tanks move in southern Israel[/caption]

Gaza’s Health Ministry said 41 people were killed in Israeli strikes on Wednesday, with 19 people including children killed in a strike at a UN clinic being used to house displaced people.

Palestinian radio reported that the area around Rafah was almost completely empty following the evacuation orders.

Katz’s statement did not make clear how much land Israel intended to seize or whether the move represented a permanent annexation of territory, which would add further pressure on a population already living in one of the most crowded areas in the world.

According to the Israeli rights group Gisha, Israel has already taken control of some 62 square kilometres or around 17 per cent of the total area of Gaza, as part of a buffer zone around the edges of the enclave.

The IDF has issued evacuation orders to those living around the southern city of Rafah and towards the city of Khan Yunis, telling them to move to the Al-Mawasi area on the shore.

Israeli leaders are pressing on after being encouraged by signs of protest in Gaza against Hamas, which has controlled the strip since 2007.

What happened on October 7?

ON OCTOBER 7, 2023, Hamas launched a brutal surprise attack on Israel, marking one of the darkest days in the nation’s history.

Terrorists stormed across the border from Gaza, killing over 1,200 people — most of them civilians — and kidnapping 250 others, including women, children, and the elderly.

The coordinated assault saw heavily armed fighters infiltrate Israeli towns, kibbutzim, and military bases, unleashing indiscriminate violence.

Innocent families were slaughtered in their homes, and graphic footage of the atrocities spread across social media, leaving the world in shock.

And as well as attacking people in their homes, they stormed the Nova music peace festival – killing at least 364 people there alone.

The massacre triggered a swift and massive retaliatory response from Israel, escalating into a full-scale war.

The attack not only reignited long-standing tensions in the region but also left deep scars on both sides of the conflict, setting the stage for the 15 months of devastation that followed.

Read More »

‘A brilliant failure’ – Incredible footage of Arne Slot’s craziest coaching idea resurfaces from his playing days

ARNE SLOT has taken the Premier League by storm in his debut season as Liverpool manager.

The Dutchman, 46, looks on course to win the title – just the Reds’ second in the Prem era – ahead of Arsenal.

Soccer players during a kickoff.
X
Arne Slot’s bizarre kick-off technique has resurfaced[/caption]
Arne Slot's unique kickoff technique in the Dutch league.
X
The Dutchman flicked the ball up and booted it in the air[/caption]
Arne Slot's unique kickoff technique during a Dutch league soccer game.
X
The idea was to kick it high and into the opposition half to cause chaos for the defenders[/caption]
Soccer game in progress.
X
The ball ended up bouncing on the centre circle in his own half[/caption]
Arne Slot of PEC Zwolle playing soccer.
Getty
Slot’s experiment was dubbed a ‘brilliant failure’[/caption]

But this is not the first time he has caused a stir and sent shockwaves around football with his tactical revolution.

Although, his never-seen-before-or-since idea from 2011 did not quite have the same success.

In fact, it was branded “een briljante mislukking” – “a brilliant failure”.

Because what Slot did was utterly baffling.

Playing as a midfielder for PEC Zwolle in the Dutch second tier, he got permission from his coaches to try something new in an attempt to bamboozle the opposition.

He certainly did that – and no doubt his own team-mates and fans, too.

Playmaker Slot took kick-off with Joey van den Berg, flicked the ball up and then booted it as high as possible into the air in barely believable scenes.

The original idea was to try and kick the ball high into the opposition half – even into the penalty area – and for Slot’s Zwolle team-mates to chase it down and cause chaos in the hope of taking advantage of the defence’s confusion and scoring.

CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITS

The idea was done in training – and to good enough effect to give the experiment a go in a match.

But when it came to the crunch moment, Slot got the kick all wrong as he sent the football almost directly vertically upwards – actually slightly backwards – rather than towards the goal.

It bounced in his own half just inside the centre circle between a bunch of very confused footballers amid ironic cheers from the crowd – while the commentator described the unfathomable start to the match as “extraordinarily strange”.

Slot’s embarrassing blunder is still remembered fondly in Dutch football, regularly shown on TV and those involved can’t help but laugh at the sheer ridiculousness of it all.

Slot’s manager at the time, Art Langeler, told the De Stentor newspaper: “By firing the ball as high as possible into the penalty area, the idea was our three strikers would run forward and be there (for when it dropped) on the edge of the area. And who knows what would come of that?

“[We tried it in training] three times even. That’s why [assistant] Jaap Stam and I said to each other, ‘Let’s try it’.

‘MADE HIMSELF LOOK RIDICULOUS’

“But it needed the right execution, of course.

“It looked funny. And if you didn’t know the background, you’d think, ‘What on earth are they doing? They just shoot the ball into the air.’

“No, this was a brilliant failure, let’s leave it at that.”

Another Zwolle coach Jan Everse added to The Athletic: “It was still a ridiculous idea. Arne has a lot of ideas — this, unfortunately, was one of his worst ones.

“The kick was not what he wanted. He got it totally wrong.

“He made himself look ridiculous — it was unbelievable.”

Incredibly, Slot was determined to try the tactic again and did so later the same year – again against Cambuur – and again it went horribly wrong.

Safe to say, we won’t expect the likes of Mo Salah or Dominik Szoboszlai to introduce the hoof-it-really-high-in-the-air-and-hope-it-causes-chaos play in the Premier League anytime soon…

Liverpool manager Arne Slot speaks with players during a match.
Getty
Liverpool fans won’t be expecting any similar experiments[/caption]

Read More »

Tour Championship snooker 2025 LIVE RESULT: Action on NOW as Judd Trump faces Barry Hawkins, Robertson vs Selby latest

THE Tour Championship is UNDERWAY – and a new champion will be crowned in Manchester!

That is because 2024 winner Mark Williams was knocked out in the first round of his title defence by Ding Junhui.

Today, World No1 Judd Trump gets his campaign underway with a quarter-final clash against Barry Hawkins.

Later, Neil Robertson takes on Mark Selby in the featured tie of the day.

  • Start time: From 1pm BST
  • TV channel: ITV4
  • FREE live stream: ITVX

CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITS

Follow our live blog below…

Read More »