myspace tracker admin – Page 1428 – My Blog

admin

Meghan’s ‘greatest love of all’ is HERSELF – Duchess’ Netflix show suffers scathing review from industry bible

MEGHAN Markle’s new Netflix show has suffered a scathing review from a Hollywood “industry bible” which compared it to a “forced march”.

With Love, Meghan landed on the streaming service earlier this week – before being confirmed today for a second series.

Meghan Markle in a scene from "With Love, Meghan."
Meghan’s Netflix show has been renewed despite poor reviews
Netflix
Woman wearing a beige baseball cap that says "Lettuce romaine calm" in cursive.
Meghan shared the news on Instagram
Meghan Markle in a kitchen scene from "With Love, Meghan."
Netflix
The show sees Meghan sharing cooking tips and chatting to pals[/caption]

That’s despite the lifestyle show, which also featured Prince Harry, being largely panned by critics and audiences.

For many in the celeb world, the word of US trade magazine Variety is gospel but it didn’t take kindly to the Duchess of Sussex’s offering.

It described the “attitude” of the eight-episode show as “well-tailored and beige”, which was said to match Meghan’s outfit choices.

The royal – who stepped down as a working member of the Firm alongside her husband in 2020 – was labelled “less-than-adept at speaking on her feet”.

The review goes on to say: “With Love, Meghan exists as a sort of celebration of all things Duchess of Sussex — and, as with past of her media outings, no amount of praise seems enough.”

And: “With Love, Meghan is made with a great deal of love — in the sense that the greatest love of all is the one that a person has for herself.”

The harsh criticism from Variety will sting the duchess and her team, but the huge interest in the show has convinced Netflix bosses to give it another outing.

Meghan posted on Instagram saying she’s “thrilled” with the decision.

Wearing a Netflix cap she was seen grinning in a short clip on her stories, with the caption: “Lettuce romaine calm… or not(!) because I’m thrilled to share that Season 2 of ‘With Love, Meghan’ is coming!”

A TV insider told The Sun: “This may raise a few eyebrows but one thing which Netflix love is controversy – and this show certainly created alot of debate.

“Many were so scathing about the eight-part series that they thought there was no way it would get another season.

“But it seems the streamer is delighted with the chatter its created on both sides of the Atlantic this week.”

It’s not clear whether work has already started on the second series, but Netflix want it to drop later this year.

It comes after royal pros had suggested that a lot of people dislike the mum-of-two and as a result, are ‘hate watching’ her new lifestyle series.

With Love, Meghan is the second Netflix collaboration for the Sussexes, who signed a lucrative multi-million pound deal with the streaming giant back in 2020.

Meanwhile, the duchess, 43, recently renamed her lifestyle brand As Ever, switching from the name American Riviera Orchard after facing trademark issues.

Speaking to The Sun’s Royal Editor, Matt Wilkinson, on The Sun’s Royal Exclusive show, News.com.au Royal Correspondent Bronte Coy and The Sun’s royal photographer Arthur Edwards weighed in on the series, which was released on Tuesday and has been described as ‘absolutely awful’.

Bronte said: “There’s a lot riding on this series, I think a lot of people will have watched it, whether they hate Meghan or they love her – the hate watching part of it as well – there’s clearly interest, even though a lot of people have no admiration for her.

“But at the same time, that won’t carry through for a season two. The hate watching element would be season one.”

She added: “Harry and Meghan need to keep these deals going, they have a very expensive lifestyle, particularly with security and everything. 

“I think it is in danger of being axed or significantly reduced.” 

Not only this, but Arthur explained: “Eventually [Harry and Meghan] are going to run out of ideas and people are not going to be interested. People will lose interest. 

“She seems to be attracting publicity. She gave it her best shot but it just wasn’t good enough.”

‘The whole thing was false’

Throughout the series, Meghan shared a variety of recipes, including a cooked breakfast, skillet spaghetti and a honey and lemon cake. 

She also demonstrated her method for making tea by steeping bags in cold water under the sun for two to three hours, using “nice silk bags, lots of leaf tea, and just let it steep with the warmth of the sun.”

And whilst Matt recognised, “With Love, Meghan has been roasted, absolutely savaged by TV critics, Arthur chimed in: “I just think it was completely over-the-top.”

Clearly not impressed, the iconic photographer added: “Everything about it was false. 

“The whole thing was false – it wasn’t even her house, it was somebody else’s house.”

Meanwhile, Arthur slammed the 33-minute episodes and remarked: “If a play on Broadway got those reviews, it would close.

“It would close in a week, there’d be no second shows. Please God there’s not another show.”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at a wheelchair basketball game.
The Mega Agency
Prince Harry and Meghan Duchess of Sussex at the Invictus Games 2025 in Vancouver[/caption]

What do we know about Meghan Markle's new cooking show, With Love, Meghan?

MEGHAN Markle's new Netflix documentary trailer shows her cooking with Hollywood pals.

The Duchess of Sussex gave fans an insight into her show, With Love, Meghan, which airs soon.

There will be eight 33 minute episodes featuring a host of Meg’s various Hollywood friends trying her simple, yet “elevated”, food.

A montage of various clips in the nearly two-minute video showed Meghan walking through vegetable patches and fields.

She was also filmed browsing florists, hand-selecting beautiful flowers for table arrangements, showing off her creative side.

The Duchess even tried her hand at beekeeping, fully suited up, as she collected honey.

In the exciting new trailer, Meghan shared: “I’ve always loved taking something pretty ordinary and elevating it.

“Surprising people with moments that let them know I was really thinking of them.

“I’m going to share some little tips and tricks. I see what colour I gravitate to, and everything goes from there. And how you incorporate these practices every day.

“This is about connecting with friends… I love that we’re doing this together for the first time. Making new friends… and just learning.

 “We’re not in the pursuit of perfection. We’re in the pursuit of joy. I have to get it totally wrong, to get it totally right.”

The trailer showcased many “candid” moments, from Meghan accidentally squeezing some lemon juice in her eye, to knocking freshly baked goodies off a plate.

Prince Harry featured at the end of the video, embracing his wife in a warm hug.

Read More »

Why Liverpool could still get a transfer fee for Trent Alexander-Arnold this summer despite star becoming free agent

REAL MADRID are ready to pay Liverpool a fee to get Trent Alexander-Arnold BEFORE the Club World Cup in June.

The Spanish giants put their move on hold after Kop chiefs rejected a £20million January bid.

PARIS, FRANCE - MARCH 5: Trent Alexander-Arnold of Liverpool during the UEFA Champions League 2024/25 Round of 16 first leg match between Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool FC at Parc des Princes on March 5, 2025 in Paris, France. (Photo by Crystal Pix/MB Media/Getty Images)
Trent Alexander-Arnold’s current Liverpool contract expires in the summer
Soccer Football - Champions League - Final - Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid - Wembley Stadium, London, Britain - June 1, 2024 Real Madrid's Nacho lifts the trophy as they celebrate winning the Champions League REUTERS/Carl Recine
But Real Madrid are ready to pay a fee to get Alexander-Arnold for the Club World Cup

Alexander-Arnold could join a new club for nothing when his Anfield contract expires on June 30.

But Real want the England right-back, 26, in Carlo Ancelotti’s squad in time for the start of the tournament in the USA on June 15.

That would require an agreement with Liverpool over a transfer fee for releasing TAA from his contract early.

Liverpool’s season could potentially run until May 31 if they reach the Champions League final in Munich.

The final round of Premier League games are set for May 25.

But with a 13-point lead and just ten games left, Liverpool are on course to have the title wrapped up long before then.

This summer’s transfer window is opening early on June 1 so new signings can be registered for the Club World Cup.

And Fifa have created an ‘exceptional registration window’ before  the tournament’s last 16 — from June 27 to July 3 — allowing clubs to add two players to  their squads.

CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITS

Ancelotti’s side face Saudis Al-Hilal in their first group game in Miami on June 18.

Anfield boss Arne Slot has not given up hope of persuading Alexander- Arnold to sign a new deal despite a lack of progress in negotiations that began 18 months ago.

Read More »